Mon Youth Progressive Organization is an independent youth organizations found in 2001 with the aims of supporting the struggle for democracy and human rights in Mon State, Burma. MYPO members are students, youth who are working for community development and civil society organizations in Mon State. The MYPO is a member of the Student & Youth Congress of Burma; Thailand-Burma border based umbrella organizations for ethnic youth and democratic organizations. The MYPO opens its office at Sangkhlaburi, a Thailand-Burma border town, in order to manage the project and having contact with other organizations and donor agencies.
The MYPO Commits to strive for political, social and cultural transformations guaranteed to peace, equality & liberty to the people of Mon State, Burma.
- To strengthen the village CBO (community based organizations).
- To upgrade youth & grass-root activists as alternative political forces
- Strengthening networking & cooperating among youth and community based organizations.
- Trying to set up a core group among different organization
- To preserve and promote Mon culture and literature